Quality, Health & Safety and Environment Policy
BAC Systems Pty Ltd (BAC Systems) is engaged in the business of designing and manufacturing workshop and storage equipment, striving to maintain the highest levels of quality and innovation. This policy applies to all our divisions throughout the organisation.
BAC Systems is continuously expanding its product range, which remains at the forefront of modular workplace and storage systems development throughout the world. All inventions and innovations developed at BAC Systems are protected through patents and design registrations where applicable.
BAC Systems was founded in 1977 and is situated at Glendenning, Sydney (Australia). BAC Systems operates within an 11,000 m2 custom built factory assisted by a workforce of over 50 in a family orientated work environment. Here, the entire product range is produced from the initial concepts in our research and development offices through to manufacture, assembly and dispatch, all on the one campus. High volume production enables BAC Systems to provide the end user with a world-class Australian Made product together with excellent value and service. Astute innovation, quality and production control are hallmarks of BAC Systems.
This policy details how BAC Systems is committed to the management of Quality ISO 9001: 2015, Health & Safety ISO 45001:2018 and Environment ISO 14001:2015 and to meeting standards expected by our customers in the delivery of the products and services that we supply and provide to them.
BAC Systems aspires to zero harm of our people, our contractors, our visitors and the community in which we operate. We have an overriding commitment to health & safety and environment, and we will not compromise our health & safety and environmental values.
To implement this policy, we shall focus on the needs of our business with particular reference to consistently meeting our customers' requirements and statutory obligations. Our Integrated Management System will provide mechanisms for detecting system shortfalls and for stimulating process improvements. We will also adopt uniform best practices so to assist in eliminating or reducing non-compliance and assist in the protection of workers and others' health & safety and the environment and maintain confidence in BAC Systems’ operations.
Through our integrated Management System, BAC Systems shall manage its quality and reliability and its health & safety and environmental impact which meets or exceeds client requirements and expectations, though:
- Creating and fostering positive health & safety and environment culture where health & safety and environment are considered to be an integral part of our business.
- Providing clear expectations to all personnel to engage and comply with our integrated Management System;
- Systematically identifying health & safety and environmental hazards and processes, potential risks and opportunities for improvement and to assess the risks these hazards represent and then establishing methods to eliminate or mitigate them;
- Take all reasonable steps to;
- Minimise waste-to-landfill, greenhouse gas emissions and other pollution by applying waste management principals;
- Actively promoting and encouraging the adoption of ecologically sustainable work practice initiatives and programs within our organisation, suppliers and the general community using current technical knowledge;
- Further reduce our consumption of power, water and natural resources;
- Employ environmental considerations in purchasing decisions; and,
- Communicate regularly with critical stakeholders on environmental issues.
- Identifying, reporting, investigating and resolving all health & safety and environmental incidents and non-conformance with learning which is actioned, implemented and shared.
- Seek continuous improvement in health & safety and the environment through a rigorous examination of all activities, practices and incidents.
- Meet all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and review meaningful and accurate measurable targets and objectives as well as maintaining, monitoring, reporting, reviewing and auditing to facilitate continual improvement of our Integrated Management System and communicating appropriately to our people.
- Educating and training people to continually improve awareness, skills and knowledge of quality, health & safety and environmental issues and practices.
- Effectively implement this Policy to enhance the effectiveness of the system and increase awareness through a process of consultation, communication, continual improvement and culture change and ensure it is available to the public.
- Providing suitable and sufficient resources to implement and maintain the system.
These processes are reviewed annually to ensure we are receiving constructive feedback and action changes where necessary.
BAC Systems Pty Limited Proprietor
5 April 2019